The idea behind: to build up an open platform, where
- everyone can exchange experiences about his favourite sailing waters and
- a valuable information pool can grow up with the summarized knowledge of all users
Maybe someone else was desperately looking for information about specific areas and found just rare and outdated facts. Further information, like good bars/restaurants or tourism hints were still missing.
SkipperGuide makes it easy, to contribute experiences: compare it with a homepage which everybody can edit.
This site exists because of its users and their contributions. You are invited to contribute your special experiences, recommendations and hints. It can be everything: new information about sailing areas, a hint for a good place to eat or drink, the nicest anchorages of an area or treacherous dangers. Everything, that is potentially interesting for other sailors or skippers. By doing so, this site can grow and can be kept up to date.
Just try it; it's easier you may think
Why to log in?
SkipperGuide allows everyone, to modify pages without a user account. However, it can be an advantage to create an account:
- You can build up an identity and a name. It allows others to see, who contributed anything
- You can track changes of interesting articles with a watchlist
- Other users can send you mails, without showing your email-address in the public