From SkipperGuide, the online cruising guide for sailing areas around the world
SkipperGuide is based on the same technology than wikipedia. A Tutorial can be found on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial
- a very short introduction is available here: SkipperGuide:Tutorial
- a very detailed introduction to this wiki-system is available on the Wikipedia-Servers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial
 Help for the specific SkipperGuide-Features
 Most important hint
- Just take a look on the source code of other articles - press Edit on other pages to see its source code.
 Structure and Content
- Suggestions for Sturcture and Content can be found here: SkipperGuide:Template
 Maps and Sketches
- Map Generator: Many maps are generated with the open source tool "GMT". If you are going to generate maps for SkipperGuide, request additional informations from User:Peter.
- Sketeches and harbour plans were mostly drawn with InkScape. The tool can be downloaded form  for free.
- Harbour maps can be made by using free satallite images. The contours can be drawn with InkScape. Doing so, there is no problem with copyright.
GoogleMaps can be included into the articles. In edit-mode, click on "make map", adjust your map, add placemarks and then, copy the code
<googlemap> ... </googlemap>
into your article text.
- If you upload pictures, please enter the source of the picture into the description box. It is neccessary to ensure not to break any copyrights.
- Pictures can be included with [[Image:xxx.jpg|Description]]. You also can scale them with ([[Image:xxx.jpg|thumb|Description]]) and the position can be defined ([[Image:xxx.jpg|thumb|right|Description]]).